What is IVR? And 7 ways your business can use it
In today’s dynamic business situation, the competition among corporations has increased. As a result, a significant factor determining a firm’s success in the marketplace is the customer experience that a business provides. People relate a good CX with great support. Therefore, it is essential to look for novel ways of engaging with the customers to their ease. The progress of marketing efforts depends on how effectively your business can communicate with prospects at every stage of your sales funnel. You need to provide the best experience imaginable, both online and offline. When customers interact with businesses, they want their voices heard and queries resolved promptly. That’s why numerous companies have embraced technologies like IVR to counter customer queries around the clock automatically. Let’s understand its concept a little better.
What is an IVR? How Does It Work?
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is a tool used by companies to collect data and route calls without answering the phone. This is very useful for companies that handle massive call volumes, allowing agents to focus on the more complicated errands. Similarly, IVR gathers information and routes calls to the correct agent. Thus, the role of IVR is to convey calls to the correct place instead of spending more time operating call volumes. This technology works well with DTMF tones, i.e., dual telephone touch tones. IVR pairs with various technologies and is cast into DTMF tones.
Additionally, speech recognition is compatible with DTMF and makes it convenient for callers to interact with their local language when responding quickly. The more superior IVR platforms include Natural Language Processing (NLP) that presents a conversational self-service experience. IVRs also include Text-to-Speech (TTF) technology to communicate more complex announcements, emails, etc. And finally, Artificial Intelligence is slowly making its way into customer service, where customers will be able to talk openly without a menu at all.
Use Cases of IVR Systems For Your Business
A well-designed, user-friendly, and intuitive IVR system capable of making the customers’ call experience accurate and enjoyable is what is required today. Below are seven ways to achieve this:
- Customise Conversations: Connecting with callers in their local languages eliminates the communication gap and improves chances of converting them into successful business prospects. An IVR in the preferred language enables the caller to pick the language they want to interact in from a list of different options. This allows the customer to make quick decisions as the message is well conveyed and better understood.
- Receive Customer Feedback: Surveying customers in beta utilising IVR also makes it convenient for businesses to receive and evaluate the feedback and make changes accordingly. The effects of the IVR survey are instantly accessible after a customer has completed the survey.
- Generate Leads: Once people call an IVR number and respond to the menu, they can connect to a business’ sales representatives. Callers can also be directed to various agents based on the operations they perform. In this way, you can streamline the whole lead generation and sales process. Whether they make a purchase or not, you can collect their contact information and responses to your questions.
- Promotional Offers: The modern solutions are customisable, and the menu can be tweaked to omit or include new options. A single menu button can be kept solely for promotions. It will let the interested callers learn about the promotions even when they cannot speak to an agent. This can also be used along with specific promotional measures.
- Conduct Research About Audience Preferences, Habits and Needs: All marketers need to research their target audience to determine their purchasing needs and habits. Analysing your audience behaviour with IVR surveys offers a higher response rate and greater flexibility. Using an IVR system will preserve countless costs compared to hiring a survey team that can get expensive.
- Improve Customer Support: A combination of toll-free and IVR works very well for customer support. Customers will be able to connect with your business anytime and get real-time support through the IVR menu and your support staff. In addition, their feedback will be more accurate after a transaction because all the details are still fresh in their memories.
- Manage Calls Automatically: Businesses can set up IVR auto-attendants to accept incoming calls, transfer calls using interactive phone menus, and provide information like account balances or transaction details. IVR auto-attendants can substitute active receptionists, help businesses cut costs and offer 24*7 customer service.
IVR solutions benefit your marketing efforts in several ways. They allow a simple way to communicate with your existing customers and prospects while empowering you to automate many processes and save time. It is just what your business needs to get started. So connect with mTalkz, the number one IVR service provider in India, and take your business on the growth route. It provides full-fledged solutions to enhance the customer experience. They offer services worldwide that are customisable as per International requirements. Visit the mTalkz website to learn more!
Internal Link – Newtimezone