The Ultimate 5 Best Hostels in Himachal Pradesh For Your Mountain Getaways
Himachal Pradesh is heaven on earth – full of vibrant towns, and quaint trails that wind up and through the mountains, making it a go-to travel destination for backpackers all over the world. When you’re there, we suggest staying at a backpacker hostel, because they are lively and full of interesting people every time you visit. Backpacker hostels ensure you have an affordable and fun getaway, mixing the best of comfort and adventure.
Here’s a list of the 5 best hostels in Himachal Pradesh, where you can stay the next time you’re there!
- The Hosteller Kasol Riverside – Adjacent to the Parvati river, and nestled in the sprawling green Parvati Valley, the Hosteller Kasol Riverside is one of the most gorgeous hostels in the state. It is surrounded by pine forests and takes the cake from being the most beautiful. Set in lush greenery, you can choose to live in private rooms, dorms, charming cottages, and even Swiss tents so that you can wake up to sounds of the rushing river. An interesting tidbit? There’s a giant yellow throne next to the riverside as well so that you can feel like the emperor of the valley and take some fun pictures for the ‘gram. The Hosteller also has additional locations in Old Kasol, and Parvati Valley if you’re looking for options.
- The Hosteller Tirthan Valley – For a unique travel experience, there’s no better place than The Hosteller Tirthan Valley. The offbeat location makes it one of the best hostels in Himachal Pradesh. It’s the perfect getaway, surrounded by a quaint local community, and the great Himalayan outdoors. Spend your time trekking, fishing, camping and exploring the nearby villages that have been painstakingly preserved by the local residents. All of which are just a while away from the hostel. Even at The Hosteller itself, you can get a gorgeous view of the mountains in the daytime, and spend your night stargazing from the big terrace.
- The Hosteller Shimla – If you’re visiting Shimla, then a stay at The Hosteller Shimla is a must! The location is very accessible, which is smack dab in the middle of Mall Road – you’ll be right where the action is. It is also next to all the top attractions that Shimla has to offer, including the Christ Church, Shimla Ridge, Himachal State Museum, Viceregal Lodge and a variety of local markets. Once you’ve taken a good look around, you can refuel at the ‘The Unbox Cafe’ located in The Hosteller itself, which offers some delicious grub. As evening falls, the hostel also offers a fantastic view of the twinkling lights and hustle-bustle of Mall Road.
- The Hosteller Mcleodganj Mall Road – When listing the best hostels in Himachal Pradesh, there’s no way to leave out The Hosteller Mcleodganj, Mall Road. It’s located right on the Mcleodganj Mall Road, also known as “Little Lhasa” due to the Tibetian settlements in the area. While a stone’s throw away from the markets and the best cafes, it’s also quaint enough for you to get the downtime you need. A star attraction here is their big, spacious common rooms which make them perfect for you to kick back and meet fellow travellers. The Hosteller also has a location in Bhagsu if you’re looking out for more options in the area.
- The Hosteller Shangarh – Nestled right within the Great Himalayan National Park ecozone, The Hosteller Shangarh is truly one of the best hostels in Himachal Pradesh owing to its breath-taking location. Situated near the vast Shangarh meadows, the hostel is offbeat and peaceful, offering tranquillity to all its visitors. The location is also just a short distance away from all of the top attractions of this quaint town which is said to have been home for the mighty Pandavas. This includes the sparkling Barshangarh falls, and the Sangchul Mahadev temple which is a shrine for Lord Shiva.
So the next time you’re in Himachal Pradesh for a weekend trip, or a long stay to get away from the daily hustle, take a look at all these 5 best hostels in Himachal Pradesh to figure out your stay. Each of these hostels offer a variety of housing options from dorms, private rooms, cottages and tents, and also have cafe options available. Best of all? You get to meet some amazing people while you enjoy your much needed vacation.