Most buyers are confused about which floor is the best for the home. Most of India’s cities are now developing vertically, as the population in cities is rising and the space to house the growing number remains restricted. So, Indian real estate developers are developing high-rise projects in affordable and luxury categories to reach out to many homebuyers across various income groups.
High-rise residential buildings now dominate the skyline in top cities. Builders of these high-rise ventures offer a selection of floors for potential apartment buyers. This frequently becomes a hard decision, especially for first-time buyers who are enthralled by the experience of staying in a high-rise residential building.
When looking for flats for sale in Chandigarh, every floor has advantages and disadvantages. Factors such as security, accessibility, view, noise, and the difference in cost can help a buyer select a floor that best suits his requirements. Several office goers like a floor that makes it easy to reach the ground and leave the premises fast. Others are not concerned about the accessibility but are enthralled by the view that the upper floors offer. Others neither want the lower floors nor the top floors but will stay anywhere in the middle.
Developers typically sell the top levels of a building first and then open the stock of the lower floors for sale. Every floor has various PLC or preferential location charges based on unit size and location. Floors closer to the ground usually have higher PLCs than the upper floors.
Some factors that can assist you in choosing the right floor in high-rise flats for sale in Hyderabad are as follows:
- Rental returns: It has been found that ground floors fetch better rental returns, as Indians prefer staying nearer to the ground. If you are purchasing a property for an investment purpose, the ground floor is the floor in a high-rise building for you. People, especially in Hyderabad, prefer upper floors, while buyers in Chandigarh prefer ground floors. Climatic differences can be cited as a reason for the difference in choice.
- Noise: Several home buyers choose top levels to minimize outside noise or avoid noise coming from other residents walking through the common area. But, if the ground floor flat is not situated in the common hallway and is also far from the elevators, clubhouse, or staircase, then the noise would not be a problem for you.
- View: The higher floors offer a stunning view, especially if the tower is close to a scenic place. If this is essential for you, go for higher floors.
- Privacy: Living on the lower levels may not offer many retreats in crowded areas. If you prefer privacy and wish to stay away from any unnecessary interruption, a higher floor may be better for you.
- Family consideration: With kids and elderly people around, it is always better if your home is on a lower level. Besides safety, it also adds to the expediency factor. Moreover, if anyone in your family suffers from mobility issues or fears of elevation, you must live closer to the ground.
- Security: Ground floors pose a moderately increased crime risk, as it is simpler for anti-social elements to break into sub-level or lower apartments. Overall, it also relies on your high-rise structure and the preventive measures adopted by the residential society’s management.
- Ventilation and light: Apartments on the ground level have moderately limited light and ventilation compared to the upper ones. Not only this, upper floors do not face mosquito intrusion too.
Advantages and disadvantages of different floors
- Ground/Upper Ground floor
Earlier the ground floor was a buyer’s first choice, but this is no longer the case. The ground floor occupant may be irritated by rodent entries or constant outside noise from being near the parking lot. The absence of sunlight can be one more major problem. Other downsides include commotion, messy house entrances, and compromising views, particularly in the case of a high-rise building. On the positive side, the ground floor usually remains cooler than the upper floors. It can be a good option, particularly for areas with a long summer season. You don’t need to rely on the elevator when residing on the lower level.
- Floors 1-3
These floors are a well-known choice of homebuyers due to their trouble-free ease of access by stairs. These are also devoid of the disadvantages of a ground floor. Staying on these floors is a good option for families with kids. Residents can get a view of what is taking place in the children’s park. Moreover, as occupants do not need to wait for the elevator, they can make several trips to the market.
- Middle floors
Residents of floors 4, 5, and 6 benefit from merits like floors 1-3. Moreover, they get a better outside view from the veranda. In a few ways, these floors offer the best of both worlds. Property experts think there has been a fast rise in demand for the middle floors of late.
- Top floors
Occupants on top floors certainly enjoy the best view of the nearby areas. They can access the terrace. Additional independence and privacy also improve the appeal of higher floors. Occupants can get the benefit of an additional sit-out area. On the other side, occupants may have to shell out more money if the top floors offer a fantastic view of the sea. Many flats for sale in Hyderabad on the top floors projects have penthouses that cost a lot more than apartments on lower floors. If there is n issue with the elevator, the top floor residents have a lot to worry about.
So, if you are looking for flats for sale in Chandigarh, consider these points before choosing a floor.
Internal Link – Newtimezone