How To Sleep Better And Naturally
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted many aspects of our lives, schools and universities have shut down, people have started work from home, income levels have decreased, and the poor have become poorer. It has taken a toll on our mental health and has caused anxiety and depression.
In the last one year, it has isolated us, given us health worries of ourselves and our loved ones, stress and even loss of sleep. Too much stress, and in case of inevitable circumstances, we may toss and turn at night, unable to sleep. It has created a tornado in our lives. You may wake up in the middle of the night and find it difficult to go back to sleep, even though you have been tired the whole day and the stress has just doubled. These tips may help you sleep better and get back the energy:
- Sleep and wake up at the same time: If you can sleep and wake up at the same time, your internal body clock will get back to its settings and also optimize your sleep quality.
- Limit your naps: While napping is a great way to make up for the time you could not sleep, it can also regain the energy of your body and make it difficult for you to sleep at night. Cutting down the nap time to 20 minutes is a better option, especially during early afternoon.
- Exposure to the sun: If you are not able to fix your wake-up time, try sitting in the sun in the early hours. Sipping your coffee or reading your favourite book while sitting under the sun can help you wake up early and can also fix your sleep schedule.
- Avoid screens: The blue light that comes from your phone, laptop, TV, and even tablets are extremely disruptive and dangerous for your eyes, especially before you go to sleep. Turning down the brightness may help to some extent, but it is advisable not to look at screens at least before 2 hours you sleep.
- Make darkness your friend: Make sure that you are in a dark room. Less light helps in relaxing the eyes, making it possible for you to sleep better and on time. Using heavy and dark curtains or even an eye mask can help you relax and fall asleep.
- Exercise: Exercising daily for even 10 minutes a day can help you better the quality of your sleep. Regular exercise improves insomnia and other health problems. If the exercise is vigorous, it is sure that your sleep will be much better. You can start by taking a 10-minute walk each day, slowly increasing it, and you can see a major difference in your sleep.
- Limit caffeine: Avoiding caffeine in various forms can help you get your sleeping pattern right. Drinking caffeine can cause sleeping [problems for a very long time. Cut it down and see the change.
So, follow these simple tips and be patient with the process. Get your sleep right and stay healthy!
P.S: If nothing works out, evaluate your mattress. it might be the reason for your sleeplessness. If it is, replace it with a new Memory Foam Mattress or Orthopaedic Mattress, whichever you prefer more.