How to Clean an Ice Maker Machine – Steps and Precautions
In the hot summer, the temperature is getting higher and higher, people’s demand for cold drinks is increasing, and it is the season of free-flowing drinks. Do you have a good ice maker machine? Has your ice maker machine been cleaned up?
Ice maker machine cleaning steps
1. Clean the ice mold and water inlet equipment;
2. Remove the front panel;
3. Set the main switch to the ON position and the toggle switch to the OFF position;
4. Remove the evaporation baffle;
5. Inject 200 grams (400 grams into MV50) of ice maker cleaning fluid into the water tank, and set the button switch position to the cleaning position for 15 minutes;
6. Clean each ice mold of the evaporator with cleaning fluid;
7. Repeat cleaning the water tank 2-3 times;
8. Reinstall the evaporator baffle;
9. Check the ice cubes produced next time, all the cleaning liquid has been cleaned out (without sour taste);
10. Pour hot water into the storage refrigerator to melt the ice cubes, and clean the water storage tank drain pipe.
Condenser dust removal
In order to achieve the best results, please be sure to clean the dust on the surface of the condenser fins every three months;
When cleaning, open the blinds at the bottom of the front of the ice machine (grab the upper frame of the blinds with both hands and carefully pull it out), use a vacuum cleaner, a small brush, etc. to clean the grease on the surface of the condenser, and be careful not to clean with sharp metal tools to avoid damage to heat dissipation sheet.
Automatic cleaning of some ice machines
Some ice machines are equipped with automatic cleaning function. When the ice machine is making ice, lightly press the “clean” button on the electrical box on the back of the machine, the machine’s refrigeration system will stop working and will switch to the automatic cleaning program;
The entire cleaning process is divided into three steps: cleaning, rinsing and draining, and it takes about 30 minutes. To help cleaning, users can add a little neutral detergent to it. After cleaning, the ice maker will automatically switch to ice making state.
Follow the steps below when the ice machine is not used for a long time
Turn off the power switch, unplug the power plug of the ice maker, cut off the power supply, and cut off the water source at the same time;
Take out the ice cubes in the refrigerator, and drain the water in the sink (you can open the drain valve cap on the back of the machine);
Disconnect the water supply pipe from the back of the ice maker and drain the water in the pipe;
Wipe clean indoor moisture, and open the ice storage door to let it dry sufficiently.
Precautions for ice maker machine cleaning
1. If the ice maker machine is used frequently, the ice maker should be cleaned once every two months. When cleaning, cut off the power first and use neutral detergent to scrub. Attention should be paid to wipe the dust with a cloth frequently on the outside.
2. The ice maker machine must clean the dust on the surface of the condenser fins every three months, otherwise, the ice maker compressor and other components will be damaged due to poor ventilation and heat dissipation of the ice maker.
Please use a vacuum cleaner, a small brush, etc. to clean the oil dust on the surface of the condenser of the ice maker machine. Be careful not to clean with sharp metal tools to avoid damaging the radiator.
3. In order to maintain the sanitation of the ice maker machine, it is recommended to open the water inlet hose every two months and clean the water inlet valve filter. Because there will be some impurities in the water, if it is not cleaned for a long time, it will block the water inlet, making the water inflow smaller and smaller, resulting in failure to make ice normally. Therefore, it should be cleaned regularly to prevent these impurities from blocking the water inlet.
The correct use of the ice maker machine can reduce its failure rate and ensure its high-performance functions. Regular maintenance of the ice maker is extremely important to the service life and ice making effect of the ice maker.